Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Dream Coming True

I've once said that I want to travel around Europe when I turn 21, and it remained something I talked about for 2-3 years. The subject came up in conversations but there wasn't any plan.

TODAY, i'm on exchange in Birmingham, traveled many cities around Britain, crossed country to Ireland and finally, have a first draft of plan to travel to a few Europe countries. My (and my friend's) plan may not be the perfect or cheapest route to go around, or i could have gone to more countries; but I'm glad to say that Thank you God for blessing me and giving me this opportunity to explore around and expand my horizons.

We've come out with a rough plan, going to a 4 countries and 9 cities in 23 days. I'm excited even though we've only booked our one way ticket that kick start our journey. The first time that I'll be backpacking and travelling without having a host at the places i'm going to go. This is exciting yet slightly intimidating/overwhelming. There are so many preparations to do. We still have to make adjustments/amendments according to the other group members and finalizing itinerary so that we can book our transportation. Afterwards there'll still be accommodation hunting and researching on places that we are going. As fun or as adventurous as it sounds, this isn't going to be the easiest thing to do.

But I pray that God will watch over us and protect us against all harms (physically and mentally), allow us to get along well, and pray that I may be a testimony for those I'm travelling with. I pray that God wisdom will be with us to go against all odds that may come in our way.

This is exciting! But right now, I'm going to keep this aside and prepare for another journey, which is going to start on Monday!

Thank you God. Thank you mum & dad (even though i know you won't see this).

1 comment: