Tuesday, October 13, 2009

love.emptiness.best friend?

Am currently doing psyc research on interpersonal relationship. it brought me thinking why are people searching for love/courship and feel despair when we decided to give up on it. Do we not have the same foundation for us to stay together? I wonder. anyway, the post below was posted at my xanga blog few days ago, when i dint have courage to post it up here. now that i post because it occured to me that if i'm ashame of what i believe, will i be me in front of others? so yeah, there u go.



"
 What do you think the difference about Christians, Sunday Christians and Non-Christians?

Observations taught me that nowadays, many people have this emptiness in their hearts. Yes, we might have many things, yet, something within us is missing. Searching, longing and failing to find this missing piece of our life, i guess, many doesnt know, that the love of God, the presence of God is what fills that emptiness.

Personally, i find myself swaying between true christian and sunday christian/friday ocfer category. I guess thats y, sometimes i felt there's something missing in me, even i'm very happy about something or has achieved something. Then, i'll question myself : "So what now?". The happy, excited or proud moments will eventually come to an end, and become our memories. It is impossible for us to keep the present forever. We couldn't live in our memories, time will move on even without our consent. Whereas, if Jesus is in the picture, we know that it's Him who died for us so that we may live, n have a chance of looking towards eternity. It's Jesus, who took up our cross, our sins, n use his blood to wash away the impurities in us, so that we may be forgiven.

"For God so love the world that he gave his only beloved son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal live." John 3:16

Jesus is the one that will heal our hurts, n fill the emptiness. He will never fail us, even when we are in our deepest darkness. This is what the Lord has promised.

"Even if I go through the deepest darkness, I will not be afraid, Lord, for you are with me. Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me." Psalm 23:4

Me, as a friend to many, i still have a high chance of failing to help out, for i'm still far from perfect. But Jesus is the one best friend that you will never need to be afraid that He'll fail us, for He will always be there.

"And I will be with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20b                                           "



He hold our hands to walk through the toughest timeS.


<3
-pRiS-

2 comments: